The Easiest Way to Create a Good Conclusion for a Term Paper
All things must come to an end and that includes your term paper. After you have discussed everything that needs to be written, you have to wrap things up. This is actually the hardest part of the composition and a weak conclusion can result in a lower grade at times. You don’t want to have that happen and you would like to have a good ending to your story. There are some ways in which you can make it very easy on yourself.
- State the Final Importance. This is a strong ending where you leave a firm impression in the mind of the reader of the uniqueness or significance of what you have written. The intent is to leave an image or thought in the mind of the reader long after they have put your paper down.
- Answer the Question. You perhaps have started out with this basic question that needs a solution. The body of the term paper gives your explanation and the reasons why you feel the way that you do. All the while you are not directly answering the question of leading the reader towards that point. The conclusion gives the answer with a final flourish.
- Bringing It All Together. This is a very common way to and composition. You restate the main points one more time with observations about them. In the last couple of sentences you then combine them all into the ultimate answer or conclusion.
- Widen the Picture. What you are doing is implying that there is much more to the topic than the first glance provided. You widen the picture by suggesting the implications of what you’ve written, and how the future may be affected by it.
- Suggest a New Direction. This is a challenge to the reader to forge out into other areas based on the facts and theories which were discussed in the paper.
You may be very tired of the subject matter the time you reach the final paragraphs. The fatigue is no reason to not soldier on until the last period has been typed. The conclusion can be a very strong message and highlight your analytical capabilities. It is also that area where you can nail down a higher grade. The conclusion should be treated with the same seriousness as the body of the text. It can leave a lasting impression about you, and can leave a very favorable impression about you.